Health & Wellness Benefits
Westlake offers eligible associates a wide variety of benefits for their health, wellness, retirement and peace of mind. Many associates meet the eligibility requirements. During your interview, ask if your position would make you eligible.
For Your Health
Our wide range of health benefits encourages wellness, promotes healthy living and provides peace of mind. They will also give you the tools and information you need to take control of your health and well being.
- Health Care: Westlake offers health care benefits to eligible associates. Exempt and full-time non-exempt team members are offered a full benefits package that provides a variety of health care options for the associate and their family members.
- Flexible Spending Account: If you’re eligible for health care benefits, you can enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for health care. This account allows you to reserve a portion of your paycheck as a tax-free fund for covering eligible health care expenses, such as deductibles, co-insurance and prescriptions.
- Dental Coverage: This includes orthodontia for children up to the age of 19.
- Pharmacy: Different levels of prescription drug coverage are available depending on your health care plan. You can fill your prescriptions through a broad network of retail pharmacies across the nation. A mail order plan is also offered.
- Vision: Westlake offers a vision program, which covers annual eye exams. Lenses, frames and contacts are also covered up to a set dollar amount.
- Work Life Resources: This service allows associates and their families to get confidential counseling, support and information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It also provides resources for a wide variety of things like childcare arrangements, concerns about aging parents’ capabilities, travel services and financial and legal advice.
For Your Protection
Westlake offers a number of services that offer financial protection against the unexpected.
- Life Insurance: This plan pays approximately one year’s pay to associate's beneficiary. Additional life insurance coverage (from 1x to 5x annual pay) can also be purchased at affordable rates. Dependent policies are also available.
- Disability: You can enroll in short-term disability coverage that temporarily replaces a set percentage of pay if a qualifying disability occurs. You also have the option to enroll in long-term disability coverage, helping to replace a set percentage of pay once short-term disability expires.
- Critical Care, Accident and Cancer Plans: Westlake offers several supplemental insurance plans.
For Your Benefit
Not all benefits need to relate to your health. Westlake offers numerous resources for living as well as life.
- Associate Discount: It’s the reward every associate loves: 20% off all Westlake purchases. Eligible family members can use your discount, too.
- Additional Perks and Discounts: In addition to your Westlake discount, you’ll also receive discounts on all types of products and services: fitness centers, mobile phone plans, computers, clothing, flower delivery services, event tickets and much more.
For Your Wealth
Westlake provides ways for eligible associates to save and invest. Your participation could help you build financial security for years to come.
- 401(k): A variety of low-expense investment options allow you to create a personalized plan right for your age and retirement goals with general purpose and home-loan options that allow you to access the funds when needed. Westlake may, from time to time, provide a company match for participating associates who quality.
- Daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA): You can save some of your pre-tax dollars from every paycheck to pay for qualifying childcare and elder care expenses incurred while you’re at work.
For Your Time
As a benefits-eligible associate, you’ll receive vacation days and personal days to use as you choose. You’ll also receive time off for most national holidays.
- Vacation: Westlake is committed to having all of our associates enjoy a balanced life, including time off with friends and family. Vacation is accrued based on your length of employment, your position and the hours you’ve worked.
- Personal Holidays: Personal time off allows you the flexibility to use time off as you choose. You can take off for a birthday, an anniversary or to extend a vacation. You accrue personal holiday hours based on your position and the hours you’ve worked.
- National Holidays: Westlake observes six national holidays every year. Exempt, full-time and part-time employees are eligible for this benefit based on position and hours worked.
For Your Wellness
Westlake wants to make it easier for you and your family to maintain good health. That’s why we offer resources that help you track your health, manage stress, stay active and more.
- Flu shots: During flu season, we offer corporate team members flu shots at no charge.
- Fitness Center Discount: Membership discounts are available at several different fitness centers around the country to make it easier for you to commit to a healthy lifestyle.
- Wellness Coaching: Our health insurance provider makes one-on-one coaching available to eligible team members so that they can reach their wellness goals. Wellness coaches support you in customized programs that include exercise, weight management, nutrition, stress, tobacco cessation, diabetes and more