With access to more than 70,000 products, Westlake lives the Ace Helpful Promise every day by delivering reliable service, helpful advice, and products so its customers and neighbors get their projects done right every time. Westlake Ace Hardware has been in operation for over a century and operates 140 neighborhood stores located throughout the United States. The company was started in 1905 in Huntsville, MO, when W.I. Westlake bought part ownership in a hardware store. The company slowly expanded over the next few decades until Westlake joined the Ace Hardware distribution network in 1959 and eventually became the largest Ace dealer in America.
Headquartered in the Kansas City area, Westlake currently owns and operates 140 stores in 12 states:
- California (Ace Hardware of Chico, Fresno, La Crescenta, Mountain View, Pinole, South Pasadena, Thousand Oaks, Turlock, Van Nuys, West LA, and Woodland)
- Illinois (Buikema’s Ace Hardware)
- Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico (Westlake Ace Hardware)
- North Carolina (Ace Hardware of Raleigh, Outer Banks Ace Hardware)
- Washington (Dennis Company Ace, North Bend)
Our dedication to service doesn’t start and stop with only homeowners. Because of our start as a small business, we have a unique perspective on the needs of our business customers. We understand business owners have a unique set of needs that must be met in order to stay profitable. Each Westlake Ace Hardware has a dedicated Commercial Account Representative to help our business customers keep their businesses running smoothly.
While the merchandise may have changed, along with store locations and size, the commitment to be the best neighborhood hardware store in the market remains. This commitment is what has kept Westlake strong for its first century of service – and keeps us growing into our next century. You can expect the neighborly advice you need to find the right solution for any project you may face – big or small.