from Smoke On Wheels Pitmaster Andy Groneman
- 2lbs Medium Carrots
- 3-4 Haas Avocados, seeded and thinly sliced.
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 TBS Lemon Juice
- 2 TBS Lime Juice
- ⅔ C Avocado oil
- 2 chilis, seeded (choose based on heat needs, Anaheim to Serrano)
- 2” ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 C Cilantro leaves
- ¼ C Raw Wildflower Honey
- 8 Potato Buns
- 1 Wedge Manchego cheese
- Mortar/Pestle or Chef’s knife
- Basting/Pastry Brush Brush
- Toast Cumin seeds until fragrant (2-3 min)
- Crush with Mortar/Pestle or butt of a chef’s knife, then add juices and honey.
- Whisk in ½ C avocado oil, and then diced chilis and ginger (or emulsify in blender for less texture).
- Clean carrots, and brush with oil. Next, season with Salt and Pepper.
- Grill carrots over medium heat, turning as they char. Brush twice during grilling with sauce above.
- Cook until tender and nicely charred, approximately15 minutes.
- Lightly oil inside of buns, and toast over grill (30s. – 1min).
- Brush bun with sauce.
- Lay Carrot on to bun and layer slices of avocado onto carrot.
- Top with drizzle of dressing, and cilantro.
- Grate Manchego over top and serve.