from Smoke On Wheels Pitmaster Andy Groneman
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 Poblano chilis
- 4 Anaheim chilis
- 1/4 sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Zip-top bag or bowl covered with plastic wrap
- Food processor
To make the chimichurri, place all of the chilis on the grill grates. Grill on all sides, until all sides are blackened. Place the chilis in a zip-top bag or bowl covered with plastic wrap. Allow the chilis to steam for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the bag/bowl. Peel the skins from the flesh. Scrape out the seeds. Discard the stem. You will only be using the flesh of the chilis.
Place all of the ingredients into the food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are chopped and well combined. Adjust consistency with more olive oil for a looser sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.