from Smoke On Wheels Pitmaster Andy Groneman
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 3 dried arbol chilis
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Mason Jar with lid
- Fill a quart-sized mason jar with the sliced red onions. (Don’t pack too tight.)
- Combine all other ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cool to room temperature. Pour the liquid over the onions.
- Place the lid on the jar. Give it a shake to distribute all ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator for 24-hours before using (They will keep up to a week under refrigeration)