How do I install my window air conditioner unit?
Here are some tips:
- Before buying your unit, measure the space in the window where you plan on installing it to ensure that the opening is large enough.
- Once you’ve purchased your air conditioner, install the mounting brackets by following the instructions that came with the unit.
- Slide the unit into the window and attach it to the mounting brackets.
- Lower your window onto the unit.
- Extend the air conditioners side units and attach them to the windowsill.
- Install foam between the window and the air conditioner to prevent weather from entering your home and air from escaping.
- Go outside and attach the drainage hose (if provided) to the rear of the unit.
- Use a good silicone caulk around the outside of your air conditioner and your window to seal your new installation.
- Plug in your unit. Make sure you are using the right extension cord.
Check your state and local codes before starting any project. Follow all safety precautions. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and safety of this information. Neither Westlake nor any contributor can be held responsible for damages or injuries resulting from the use of the information in this document.