How do I replace a 220 outlet?
- Turn off the power to the outlet at the circuit breaker panel.
- Remove the faceplate of the old outlet.
- Disconnect the wires from the old outlet.
- Connect your home’s black wire to the brass screw on the 220 outlet.
- Connect your home’s white wire to the silver screw on the 220 outlet.
- Connect the green wire to the green screw on the 220 outlet.
- Tighten all screws.
- Set the outlet in the wall and replace the faceplate.
- Turn the power to the switch back on at the circuit breaker panel.
Check your state and local codes before starting any project. Follow all safety precautions. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and safety of this information. Neither Westlake nor any contributor can be held responsible for damages or injuries resulting from the use of the information in this document.